21 May 2014

Téa-isms

Téa is using zillions of words and talking more each day. I just want to record the lingo that is distinctly hers so I will remember it when she has figured out the proper words to use.

Some favourites of mine:

Hold: 'Woo-hond' (as in 'two-hand' which comes from 'Téa, hold this with two hands.')
e.g. 'Mama, you woo-hond a me? (Translation: Mom, will you hold me?)

Dress: 'Wee-a-way-ya' (still using the word Cinderella for all dresses)
Ariel: 'Ee-do-do'
Drew: 'Gru'
Time-out: 'Time-hote' (as in, "Mama, I all done da time-hote now?")
Uncle Caleb: 'Unna Tay-hub'
Fish: 'Weesh'
Chapstick: 'Bada'
Grampa: 'Bada' (same word but said differently than the one for chapstick)
Blanket: 'Bada'
Gramma: 'Umma'
Lotion: 'Wee-yuh'
Swimming Pool: 'Weemee poo-yo' (also used to describe any body of water she sees, including lakes and ponds)
Look: 'Yook'
Why: 'Why'
Cry: 'Why' (Both of those can be used in a sentence together, e.g. "why Eddie why?" (Translation: Why is Esme crying?")
Try: 'Why' ( when she uses try, why and cry in the same sentence, it gets a little confusing 😉)
Taylor: 'Baby Tay-yo'
Potty: 'Ponya'
White (the colour): 'Yay-yo' (as in yellow. She always describes anything that is white as yellow)
Shoes: Woo
Everybody: 'All da bodies'
Everywhere: 'All da where'

Whenever a phone rings she says: 'all da bodies hee-yer' ( as in 'everyone is here'.) I'm still not sure  why.

An often used phrase is 'What do I mayo?' (Translation: What do I smell?). Especially said after Uncle Caleb has tried to sneakily eat a candy out of Oma's snack cupboard. Without fail she smells it and comes over to ask. She must be a super smeller. 😊

1 comment:

Donna said...

I can hear her saying them all.